MUHSD school nurses are working closely with Merced County Department of Public Health (MDPH) who are, in turn, working closely with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and monitoring the situation. The group is also establishing protocols for schools in the event that Coronavirus does spread in Merced County. More information will be shared as this plan develops. In addition, situation updates can be found through the Centers for Disease Control. For resources, prevention tips, & information please visit the MUHSD Health Services webpage below.
The Health Office is located on the first floor of the administration building.
School nurses are the primary health care providers within the educational environment. We promote each student’s optimal health status, physical and mental, to achieve their fullest potential as a learner and a person.
What do school nurses provide that no one else in the school district can?
- Assess health needs
- Teach and promote health practices
- Provide counseling, primary health care, emergency care, crisis management, and referrals
- Provide communicable disease control
- Access to community resources
- Perform mandated health screenings
- Perform special health care procedures; administration of medications, catheterization and tube feedings
- Karina Tovar, RN: 209 384-5555 email@example.com
- Linda Via, LVN: 209 384-5554 firstname.lastname@example.org